We are looking for an experienced librarian with a passion for learning and books to join our team.
You’ll ensure that the library runs smoothly on a daily basis, and all students and staff are happy with the services. Also, some important librarian tasks you’ll undertake include developing, organizing, and updating library records.
To do this job, you’ll need to be a people person, since you’ll regularly interact with students and other library employees. Endurance and patience is also a must, as you’ll often handle multiple duties at the same time, for instance, showing people how to use the resources database or updating the information system.
If you fit this description we’d like to hear from you.
- Oversee the library to ensure cleanliness, order, and protection of the library’s resources
- Develop and organize library inventory (e.g. with books, collections, periodicals, multimedia, etc.)
- Conduct regular checks and updates on database information
- Help students and other staff in research reading materials and references
- Answer queries via phone or email
- Publish and update content on the library’s website (e.g. book summaries, reviews, blog, etc.)
- Research and implement new information system techniques
- Organize activities and promotional events (e.g. children’s storytelling, author readings, book sales, etc.)
- Manage library budgeting and billing for new equipment
- Supervise library assistants and other staff
Requirements and skills
- Previous experience as a librarian
- Experience using computers and working with electronic databases
- Familiarity with information management systems
- Strong organizational skills
- Effective communication
- Ability to multitask
- A patient and friendly personality
- A degree in Library Science; a Master’s in Library Science or Information Management is a plus
To apply for this job please visit Oops! We could not locate your form.
Oops! We could not locate your form..